This article contains some of my favourite scrapbook ideas, tips and tricks that I want to share with you.
• If you have a photo and the background is busy consider scanning the picture and printing it in black and white. You could also enlarge the picture and crop out the busy part of the background. Another idea is to use your craft supplies and cover anything you don’t want to see with embellishments or add some wording using peel offs or custom rubber stamps.
• If you want to write or draw directly onto your photo I would recommend printing a copy. Not only will this mean you have a spare if the design doesn’t work out it will also remove some off the gloss from the original picture making it far more easy to write on.
• Many people ask “What is the best way to attach vellum to my scrapbook pages.” Vellum is see through so most glues will be visible. Try using brads, eyelets, staples, ribbon, paper clips or spray glue when using vellum as part of your scrapbook ideas.
• Most crafters will have specialist acid free pens in their scrapbook supplies. You would be mistaken to think that the best way to store these pens is upright with the nib facing down. The best way to store pens is horizontally as this keeps the ink evenly distributed throughout the barrel.
• To make your scrapbook stickers or scrapbook quotes stand out on your scrapbook pages make them 3D by adding a layer of ultra thick embossing powder. Alternatively you can use a 3D glaze. This technique will bring a new dimention to your scrapbook pages.
• If you want to have the appearance of a stitch on your photos, embellishments or wording you can use peels offs, rub ons or simple draw little dashes to give the effect of a stitch. If you are feeling more adventurous why not actually sew a stitch!
• Using brads as part of your scrapbook ideas is a splendid way to embellish your scrapbook pages layouts. When attaching brads to double sided scrapbook paper you may be faced with the dilemma of how to cover up the fastenings on the reverse side of the paper. The easiest way to avoid this problem is to attached the brads to the tag, photo corner or embellishment and then adhere to the page.
When putting together your scrapbook ideas it is best to plan in advance. Lay out the page before you stick it together to see if there are any changes you want to make before it is secured in place.