However, this does leave me wondering if fellow craft enthusiast are considering what the cost of all this amounts to and the time spent looking on the internet rather than in your local craft store.
I am all for saving money but have recently discovered that many small craft stores are being forced to close do to the amount of online scrapbook supplies being purchased instead of in a local shop.
I am also a firm believer in quality and I love going into various shops so that I can not only see the scrapbook paper first hand, but can feel the paper too to make sure I am happy with the quality. Although printable scrapbook paper that is offered for nothing is classed as ‘free’ this is not strictly true as you will need a printer and plenty of ink which as we all know does not come cheap. So bearing this in mind there is no such thing as free printable scrapbook paper. On the other hand, it probably will be far less expensive than buying a branded scrapbook paper but is the quality really as good?
I have had a look at some of the printable scrapbook paper that is available and created a list of pros and cons
Printable Scrapbook Paper – The Pros
• Relatively cheap.
• Lots of variety or colours and designs.
• Possibility of creating your very own design using computer photo album software.
• You do not have to leave the house to get it.
Printable Scrapbook Paper – The Cons
• Need to have good quality printer, paper and ink which can be expensive.
• The paper will be flat so no fancy frills such as embossing or raised effects
• Would have to purchase specialist photo album software to create your own scrapbook paper.
We all know that the most important scrapbook supplies you can purchase is the paper and in truth the printable scrapbook paper can be used to compliment paper that you have purchased from a craft store. Furthermore you could also use printable scrapbook paper to make handmade cards or for your kids crafts ideas.