The first thing to consider when trying to think what to write in anniversary cards is who the card is for. If the card is for your partner you will want the words to be romantic and loving, maybe even a poem.
You could start by saying thank you for all the things they have done for you over the last year. You can mention specific events that have meant a lot to both of you and reminisce about times you have shared that were special and will never be forgotten.
Here are a few examples of what to write in an anniversary card if it is for your partner.
- Thank you for another wonderful year.
- My love for you grows and grows with each passing year.
- Anniversaries pass quickly, but our love will always stay!
- Love brought you together as husband and wife, and gave each of you a best friend for life
- Happy Anniversary. On this day that’s filled with fun, And remember the day, that we became one!
- Happy Anniversary honey. It’s been one year since I happily said yes. It’s been a year full of joy and love, a year full of pure happiness.
- Ten years, one decade, three thousand, 652 days. After all this time I love you so, and I love you in so many different ways.
- My love is unconditional, so unlike the setting sun, because my heart will be yours forever, for me, you’ll always be the one.
If you are trying to think what to write in an anniversary card for a friend or relative you will need to find words that are for both the husband and wife.
Examples of what to write in an anniversary card for a friend or relative:
- To a wonderful couple, wishing you another year of happiness.
- May this anniversary reflect all the special moments you’ve shared, and all the wonderful moments to come!
- Just as fine wine improves with age, may your love for each other do the same! Happy Anniversary!
- Wishing you the special moments this golden day can bring, and through the years ahead of you, the best of everything!!
If you are still finding it hard deciding on what to write in an anniversary card you may find it easier to write something yourself. If this is the path you choose remember to spend as much time as possible thinking of the perfect words for this very special day and make sure your handmade card is as beautiful as the words you write in it.